HOME

Thursday 7 February 2013

Dressing up the world

Guess What? I got my first commissioned photographer job! Yoo-hoo! I had to photograph this bubbly beautiful woman who wants to dress up the world. Literally.  I have met Olga accidentally in a small cafe in a little town in Switzerland. After five minutes of thoughtful glances we realized we had many things in common.

Being both Russian to begin with. Being involved in various creative projects - check. And we both have weakness for dresses. The love of dresses alone is more than a sufficient pretext to start a life long friendship, don't you agree?  ;-)

Although I must admit, Olga's affection for dresses goes a tad deeper that mine, I mean, she has a whole philosophical theory about femininity and feminism, where dress is a focal point. I don't know where you live, but in our geographical coordinates comfort and rationalism took over elegance and femininity some while ago. Dress has become an obsolescent item. Am I right or am I right?

Ok, perhaps I am exaggerating, but only a little. Sooo, Olga has this theory that each woman has to have at least one perfect dress...for each occasion. :-) A dress which is made to measure! Luxury, you'll say. Although according to Olga it is possible. 

I forgot to tell you that she is extremely vivacious, and with that energy I am sure, she'll dress up the world, at least my measures has been taken and I can't wait to see my perfect dress. 

I will sure be keeping an eye on her project which is still in a development stage now, so I'll keep you posted.

Good weekend and

Love,

AB

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful dresses, beautiful lady, great pictures, fantastic idea, russian spirit... what else :-)??

    ReplyDelete